Charity Cycle in aid of Galway Hospice and KUFC, May 21st 2016.
Register at iregister.ie – click here for link or press RED button above
Make a donation
If you can’t make the cycle but would like to support the Galway Hospice/KUFC please select an amount and click Donate button below
Burren Circle – 95Km and 25Km Charity Cycle in aid of Galway Hospice & KUFC
Galway Hospice is a voluntary organisation and we are delighted to have the involved this year with the cycle. More information on the great work they do and how important fundraising is to them to the can be found on their Galway Hospice website.
BOTH CYCLE ROUTES WILL START AND FINISH AT MACMAHONS MACE
95km cycle starting in Kinvara @ 9am and going uphill to Carran where there will be first water teas/coffees stop. Making our way to lisdoonvarna which will have the main stop in the square of the town for a sandwich and then free wheeling to Ballyvaughan where the final water stop is for home and then eventually arriving back to Kinvara.
25km cycle starts in Kinvara @ 12pm. It’s a relatively flat run starting in Kinvara and going around by the edge of the Burren and returning in Kinvara roughly at the same time as the 95km cyclists. There will be awater stop approx half way where you can stop and hydrate yourself before moving on for home
Registration is open from March 18th. Registration will remain open until the event capacity is reached. Book early to avoid missing out on the chance to take part. The fee for taking part is E40. This year the cycle is supporting Galway hospice and Kinvara United.
Registration for the Burren circle cycle is available online if you visit www.iregister.ie . If you are registering as a group there is a E5 discount per person (Group of more than 5).
There is also a discount of E5 for early entrants. (Before the 1st of may)
Registration can also be done by mail or in person. Contact Liam on 0851473624.
Johnny on 0860775992 firstname.lastname@example.org
EVENT START TIMES
• The 95km cycle starts at 9.00am
• The 25km cycle starts at 12noon
• Both cycles start from Kinvara.
EVENT SIGN ON
There are generally two options for participants to sign on for the event.
The Night Before – Friday 20th May
Mcmahons mace Between 8 pm and 9pm
The Day of the Event. Saturday 21st May
Event sign on starts at 8.00am on the morning of the event. The event office is located at mcmahon mace
What you get:
1. You will receive your hospice t-shirt
2. You will also receive your event identification that you must wear in order to identify you on the day
3. Event map and event safety guidelines
- Receive your Burren Circle completion medal
There will be parking available at Mcmahons Mace and St Colmans church
NB: The Burren Circle is not a closed road event and you must adhere to the normal rules of the road.
• Cycling on the route is maximum of two a breast.
• The event is a sportive and not a race and you are responsible for your own safety and the safety of others on the road.
• Your will receive an event map and key safety details at event sign on.
• The routes selected for the Burren circle are generally quiet roads but you will encounter some main road junctions. Be please aware of traffic on all roads.
• Diirectional signs will be placed throughout the route and marshals will be evident throughout the route. Please remember marshals are only there to assist. You must check for oncoming traffic at all junctions
• All participants will be provided with an emergency contact number in the case of an emergency on the route. Please note this is not a number for bike repairs.
• You are responsible for taking part in the event on a safe and suitable bike. Participants are responsible for their own bike maintenance. There is limited mechanical support system will be in place and will sweep throughout the route.
• Please ensure you have spare tubes in the event of a puncture and do not rely on the emergency number for help with changing punctures etc.
• No earphones permitted
• No tri bars permitted
95km FEED STATIONS:
The feed stations for the 95km route are located.
Carron – water stop
Lisdoonvarna – food stop
Ballyvaughan – water stop
We recommend that you also bring your own supply of water and gels
25km DRINK STATION:
At the half way mark there will be a drink station. We recommend that you also bring your own supply of water gels and food
Ambulances and first aiders will be available all day, should anyone require medical assistance it will be administered in the fastest possible timeframe. Please call the emergency contact number provided on the day for medical emergencies.
The 95km and 25km routes are marked out with distinctive directional signage
WHAT TO BRING:
Your bike must be in good working order to cycle either the 95km or 25km routes
– Water bottle (s)
– Spare tubes and a Puncture repair kit
– Mobile phone with credit
– Emergency money & ID
– Energy snacks
– Wind / Rainproof top – Participants must be aware that weather conditions in this area can change and you should bring appropriate clothing to keep warm in any adverse weather.
– Sunblock – we hope you will need plenty of this.
AFTER THE EVENT
After you cross the finish line you will receive your well earned 2016 finishers memento.
Showers will be provided at Kinvara GAA Clubhouse.
Please be aware that these facilities have a maximum capacity and you may be in a queue
NO HELMET NO CYCLE – this will be strictly enforced
LEAVE NO TRACE: The event operates under a Leave Non Trace litter policy. Please respect the countryside and its residents and bring home your litter. Please do not litter the area with gel sachets, empty bottles or food wrappings etc.
PUNCTURES Please ensure you can change a puncture and bring spare tubes. It may be some time before support can arrive to a spot where a cyclist may have picked up a puncture so please ensure you can change your own wheel or cycle with someone that will assist you to avoid long delays that will impact on your enjoyment of the day.
We hope you have a great day on what we believe is among the finest cycling routes around set against the backdrop of the Wild Atlantic Way.
Event is sponsored by Mac MAHON OIL 091 637317 / 091 638126 FOR YOUR NEXT ORDER OF HEATING OIL